The debate about the use of CBD for medication purposes has been solved by a number of researches and studies and it was found that since this vital compound represent 40% of the total extracts from the hemp. CBD oil products cannot get someone high unlike THC. CBD is only mixed with other extracts from hemp oil in varying concentrations in order to provide a natural soothing and calming effect on the user.
CBD Clinical Application
CBD interacts with the body cells to activate the cannabinoid receptors which transmit signals within the body, resulting to a calming effect in various organs of the body. The CBD goes ahead to combine with the receptors to coordinate a number of functions in the body. This is the reason why CBD is legal in most states since it is much safer to use compared to THC.
However, CBD and THC work best when combined together. This is because CBD potentiates THC’s anti-inflammatory properties. This is according to a number of medical experiments done on the compound that proved its healing power.
Health Benefits of CBD
• Pain Reliever– The compound has been used for its sedative effect easing symptoms of difficult conditions for example cancer. This to a is according to a research according to a research carried by Dr. Sean McAllister of Pacific Medical Centre in San Francisco, where the number of cancer cells in the body diminished hence providing a non-aggressive form of cancer treatment.
• Anti-Tumor Benefits– The antineoplastic agent in CBD helps in inhibiting the growth and development of cancerous tumors in the body. This is why CBD oil is highly recommended in the treatment of cancer.
• Improves Bone Strength– Studies show that CBD has significantly improved the bone strength of patients, by plating a role in collagen cross linking. This is where the fractured bones repair themselves effectively.
• Powerful Anti-inflammatory– Oxidation and inflammation damage contribute greatly to a number of health disorders. CBD comes in as a beneficial treatment option to provide the body with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Cures Depression– According to various test on mice, CBD has been proven to induce anti depression like effects on the body. This leaves users feeling relaxed in the long run.
• Tackles the Severity of Diabetes– CBD reduces the severity of diabetes in the body. This is according to studies done on a group of mice where CBD was used to delay destructive insulitis and production of inflammatory cytokine.
Legal Status of CBD
Many countries are now allowing the use of CBD rich but low THC content oil which can be used on children with seizures. For example, in the US, over 16 states have legalized the use of CBD oil. In addition, the Foods and Drugs Administration eased a number of regulations on approving the clinical trials on CBD. They include Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Idaho and New York.
Other countries that have approved the use of CBD are Australia where it is used in prescription medicine, Canada and UK where its used to treat multiple sclerosis.