In recent times, there has been a lot of research into the benefits of CBD oil. CBD, or cannabidiol, is particularly attractive because it is not psychotropic (or causing a ‘high’, in common language) like THC, and has none of the side effects typically associated with cannabis. CBD oil is a cent per cent legal and safe to use by both children and adults.
What is CBD oil?
For an average person, it can be difficult to understand the differences between various marijuana plant products, and the effects and uses they have. Often all such products are classified ignorantly as causing a ‘high’ and being mainly for recreational purposes, however there are some that are perfectly legal and extremely beneficial to health, both physical and mental. This differentiation is important so as to not miss out on many benefits ranging from everyday struggles like swelling to complicated and rare forms of diseases like epilepsy. Apart from this it is also extremely helpful in case of many psychological issues.
CBD oil is one of these products that is perfectly legal and perfectly safe. CBD refers to cannabidiol, which is at least forty per cent of the plan extract from cannabis. The most important part about CBD is that it does not cause any side effects that are typically associated with cannabis at all (unlike THC, which is typically associated with psychoactivity). CBD also does not interfere at all with the body’s psychomotor learning and psychological functions. Moreover it is has a myriad of health benefits including helping those afflicted by rarer kinds of epilepsy and schizophrenia.
CBD in fact even counters the effects of THC, helping counteract paranoia, memory impairment and sleep inducing effects. This quality of CBD is why certain strains of cannabis help to increase alertness in people.
Health benefits of CBD
Overall, broadly speaking the beneficial medical properties of CBD can be categorized into seven different categories:
- The first category is the antiemetic medical properties. This means that CBD can help reduce problems with nausea and vomiting.
- The second category is anticonvulsant medical properties. This property helps control seizure activity even in people who traditional medicines cannot help much or not cure at all.
- The next kind of medical property is antipsychotic. This helps in fighting psychosis disorders.
- The fourth kind of medical property is anti-inflammatory, and as the name plainly suggests, it helps combat inflammatory disorders.
- The next category is anti-oxidant properties, which helps combat neurodegenerative disorders.
- This category is extremely important and still developing – anti-tumoral and anti-cancer properties, and helps fight tumor and cancer cells.
- The final category is anxiolytic medical properties, which helps ward off depression and anxiety disorders.
This categorization was first provided by the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology in 2013.
Health benefits in research
Thus CBD has multiple benefits. CBD oil can be used to alleviate pain, for example, on a daily basis and can reduce dependence on traditional medicine. The US Food and Drug Administration has recognized the benefits of CBD both in research and medicine.
The University of California was granted permission to study the effects of purified CBD on children who suffer from symptoms that conventional medicine isn’t able to treat effectively. A lot of these children suffer from Dravet syndrome, which is a rare and debilitating condition that begins in early childhood and persists throughout life. It makes normal life difficult and painful.
Benefits of CBD oil in everyday life
Apart from this, CBD oil can be taken as a dietary supplement and it is completely healthy for a person of any age. CBD oil also helps to help you..
- Kill bacteria growth,
- Reduce nicotine craving in those trying to quit smoking,
- Treat fungal infection,
- Suppress muscle spasms,
- Reduce contractions in the small intestine,
- Reduce the blood sugar level in a person suffering from high blood pressure.
Some other benefits include the ability to suppress appetite, and promote brain tissue growth in case of people who have been through the problem of alcoholism. You can reduce risk of artery blockage, and promote bone growth, and cbd oil also helps in curing the painful disease of psoriasis and multiple other ailments. The cannabidiol (cbd) is one of the best ways to take care of a number of problems and helps you lead a healthier life.